Hotel’s Transformation is One of Several Major Improvements Being Made to Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Properties in Florida
MIAMI (Dec. 14, 2020) – Even after the challenges of the past year, Kimpton’s exceptional Florida hotels are looking ahead to a brighter 2021, launching an array of enhancements, new programming and improvements — including the extensive renovation of Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel.
Kimpton Surfcomber, an Art Basel-preferred hotel situated oceanfront in the heart of South Beach’s Art Deco District, is currently in the final stages of a full rooms and public areas renovation. Taking the romance of the south of France as inspiration, the refreshed design of the hotel is playful, simple, clean and earthy. All throughout this boutique hotel, designers have created a fresh, alluring vibe, featuring understated statement pieces, sleek Calacatta marble, teak moulding and textured grasscloth.
Additionally, the hotel’s beloved Vines Cabanas at Surfcomber, a unique dedicated outdoor space that provides guests with an elevated and private lounging alternative, have also been recently reimagined with brand new furniture and fixtures.
The property also recently welcomed Javier Carballo as the property’s Executive Chef overseeing its signature restaurant, The Social Club, as well as the property’s outdoor restaurant and bar, High Tide Beach Bar & Grill, which is nestled between the hotel and the beach. Chef Carballo’s crowd-pleasing cuisine incorporates Latin American touches and Spanish and Italian influences, bringing a fresh flair to the South Beach dining scene in Miami. Insider tip: try the handmade empanadas at The Social Club, inspired by the flavors of Uruguay and Chef Carballo’s grandmother’s classic recipe.
Finally, Kimpton Surfcomber is also in the midst of refreshing its meetings and events spaces, with completion set for mid 2021. Already a South Beach wedding destination thanks to its expansive “backyard,” the property will be able to offer refreshed events inventory for groups of all sizes. The hotel’s new elopement package will allow couples to enjoy intimate “microweddings,” including a dedicated planner, a beachside dinner and flexible outdoor spaces that are perfect for socially distanced bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, bachelor/bachelorette parties and post-wedding brunches.
“Even though 2020 has brought a fair share of challenges, we are thrilled to still be moving forward with this exciting renovation,” said Mohan Koka, Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel’s General Manager. “We’ve taken advantage of this year’s lower occupancies to fully re-imagine our hotel, and the team can’t wait to share this new vision of South Beach hospitality with our loyal guests in 2021 and beyond.”
To celebrate, Kimpton Surfcomber recently announced two enticing packages:
• Couples Getaway Package: This winter package includes breakfast for two adults daily, 15 percent off spa treatments, and a complimentary sweet & boozy amenity at check-in. Book by December 25 and stay through March 31, 2021.
• WFH Work From Hotel Package: Ideal for the digital nomad in need of a change of scenery, the Work from Hotel package includes unlimited morning kick-start coffee from 8am-10am at lobby; up to 20 pages of complimentary B&W printing; complimentary WiFi; mini office kit at check-in (note pad, pens and stapler); $15 valet parking; 15 percent discount at Social Club Restaurant or High Tide Beach Bar & Grill; 4x IHG reward points (must sign up for promo on IHG Rewards account). Rates start at $109 a night.
Other major improvements made at Kimpton properties in Florida are as follows:
• Late last year, Kimpton EPIC was reimagined with Miami-inspired elements, while maintaining its beloved sophistication and high-end feel. The finishes, furniture, and amenities are acutely refined, and elegantly minimal with an organic sensibility. Two EPICally detailed suites were added – a Hospitality and a Presidential, both residing on the corners of hotels 30th floor, with wrap around balconies and sweeping views.
• The new Kimpton Hotel Palomar South Beach, located in the heart of South Beach and at the gateway of the locally loved Sunset Harbour neighborhood, is Kimpton’s fifth property in the Sunshine State and opened its doors in March 2020. Designed by legendary Miami architect Kobi Karp, it has quickly become an iconic addition to the South Beach scene, offering guests a sophisticated retreat just steps away from Miami’s most exciting restaurants, shops, wellness experiences and nightlife. To complete the hotel’s experience, the highly acclaimed restaurant Osteria Morini from Altamarea Group and Chef Michael White will be an exciting addition to the property and is slated to open in Q1 2021.
• This summer, Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa launched Heaton’s, its new oceanfront and open-air dining restaurant. Here, acclaimed Chef Winston Guerrero crafts a seafood-focused menu of coastal fare and Lead Bartender Jacob Turner delivers inventive cocktails and a curated selection of beers, wines, and spirits.
For high-res images Kimpton Surfcomber’s renovation, go here. Additional property images available upon request.
About Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel
Managed by Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Surfcomber sits on the Atlantic Ocean’s edge along 200 feet of oceanfront property in the heart of South Beach’s Art Deco District on historic Collins Avenue. With direct beach access in this fashionable destination, the fully renovated hotel offers visitors a distinctively relaxed, yet worldly guest experience, within a “backyard bliss” design-driven environment. At Surfcomber, guests will enjoy the perfect quartet of sun, surf, sand and social.
About Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
San Francisco-based Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants is the acknowledged industry pioneer that introduced the boutique hotel concept to the United States in 1981. Anchored in one-of-a-kind experiences, Kimpton operates more than 60 hotels and 70 restaurants, bars and lounges across urban locations, resort destinations and up and coming markets in the United States, Europe and the Caribbean. Time and again, Kimpton has demonstrated its commitment to creating spaces and experiences that are centered on its guests. From inspiring design that evokes curiosity to forward-thinking flavors that feed the soul, every detail is thoughtfully curated and artfully delivered. The Kimpton experience is always meaningful, unscripted and ridiculously personal.
Kimpton is highly regarded for its workplace culture and has been consistently recognized on the FORTUNE magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” list. Empowered employees bring to life the heartfelt guest experience that has come to define Kimpton.