The Sunshine State Offers Just-for-Autumn Discounts and Special Packages from Coast-to-Coast
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (September 23, 2019): The Sunshine State beckons fall travelers with its warm temperatures, uncrowded beaches, slower pace—and a bevy of stay-and-play discounts.
To kick off the first official day of fall, Visit Florida is sharing 10 of Florida’s most exciting deals to take advantage of this season:
1. SAVE BIG DURING “SECRET SEASON” ON AMELIA ISLAND: Dubbed “Secret Season” by the locals, October and November offer warm temperatures, low humidity, uncrowded beaches and a slower pace, not to mention savings with a variety of “Secret Season” Free Night, Any Night offers. Travelers visiting between Oct. 1 – Nov. 30 can extend their vacation for an extra night for free at many of the island’s resorts, hotels, inns, bed & breakfasts, motels, and rentals. A full list of accommodation offers and insider travel tips can be found at AmeliaIsland.com .
2. PURCHASE A 2020 BUSCH GARDENS TAMPA BAY FUN CARD AND GET THE REST OF 2019 FREE: Enjoy free unlimited admission to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay for the rest of 2019 with the purchase of a 2020 Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Fun Card —all for only $101.99. The Fun Card gives guests year-long access to Florida’s best thrill rides, including the all-new Tigris, Florida’s tallest launch coaster, and Iron Gwazi, North America’s tallest, fastest, and steepest hybrid coaster, slated to open in the spring of 2020.
3. SAVE UP TO 30% ON CENTRAL FLORIDA ACCOMMODATIONS: Thinking of visiting a theme park this fall? With Orlando Wyndham Vacation Rentals’ Fun For Fall promotion, get up to 30% off on bookings of two or more nights at Bahama Bay Resort & Spa, Caribe Cove Resort or a Wyndham Vacation Rentals' home. With the recent opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – the hottest new Disney attraction – plus plenty of dining, shopping, and special events, fall offers the perfect time for an Orlando get-away.
4. ENJOY EASY SEASON ON FLORIDA’S HISTORIC COAST: Autumn is the perfect time of year for taking life easy and relaxing along Florida’s Historic Coast. September is Easy Season® in St. Augustine and Ponte Vedra Beach - when the crowds thin out a bit, the deals are sizzling hot. While in town, stop by the final 2019 free Sing Out Loud Music Festival weekend Sept. 27-29 to take in an epic celebration of local, regional and national singers, songwriters and musicians. Visit FloridasEasySeason.com for more information and a complete list of deals on lodging, attractions, tours and dining.
5. FREE KIDS ADMISSIONS IN THE FLORIDA KEYS: Fall is family time in the Florida Keys. Through Oct. 13, families will enjoy free admission for children under 12 at participating area attractions during the Kids Free Florida Keys promotion. A full list of participating attractions can be found at KidsFreeFloridaKeys.com. Accommodations deals and packages are also available throughout the Florida Keys this fall, including the Family Vacation Package at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina in Islamorada. Guests booking three nights at this oceanfront resort will receive the fourth night free through Nov. 2019 (restrictions apply). For more information on hotel deals, visit fla-keys.com.
6. EXPLORE JACKSONVILLE AND SAVE DURING KIDS FREE NOVEMBER: Discover family fun at Jacksonville’s top attractions this November and enjoy free admission for up to five kids under 12 with a paying adult during the Kids Free November promotion. A sampling of participating attractions includes Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, Museum of Science and History (MOSH), Jacksonville Symphony, Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary and Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA). For a full listing of participating attractions and details on the promotion, visit visitjacksonville.com/kids-free-november.
7. LEGO-LOVERS, SAVE $65 ON 1-DAY/2-PARK TICKETS AT LEGOLAND® FLORIDA RESORT.
With more than 50 rides, shows, and attractions – including the all-new The LEGO® Movie™ World – LEGOLAND® Florida Resort is the perfect escape for families this fall. Soak up more fun at the LEGOLAND Water Park in the LEGO® wave pool, Build-A-Raft lazy river, slides, and interactive water-play structures. Guests will save $65 on passes when purchasing 1-Day/2-Park Tickets priced at $59.99 per person through Oct. 25.
8. AUTUMN SEASONAL SPECIALS IN NEW SMYRNA BEACH: Fall is a prime time for affordable travel to New Smyrna Beach. Discover deals at a variety of local hotels including the pet-friendly Buena Vista Innv, which is offering 25% off a three-night stay through Dec. 25, the historic Night Swan Intracoastal Bed and Breakfast, offering 50% a third night when booking a two-night stay Sunday-Thursday, and the Atlantic Plaza where first responders will receive 12.5% off their stay through Nov. 11. For more information on deals in New Smyrna Beach, visit visitnsbfl.com.
9. RELAX WITH SPA & WELLNESS MONTH DISCOUNTS IN THE PALM BEACHES: Designed to rejuvenate mind, body, and soul, Spa & Wellness Month, taking place Oct. 1-31, highlights feel-good offerings at exclusive, limited-time prices. Find massages and facials starting at $75, yoga classes as low as $10, complimentary skincare consultations and fall beauty makeovers, healthy dining discounts, and more. For a full list of Spa & Wellness Month deals, visit thepalmbeaches.com/spa-and-wellness-month.
10. DISCOVER THE PASS TO SAVINGS IN SARASOTA: Through Sept. 30, 2019, enjoy big savings at nearly 80 local businesses across Sarasota County during the “Sarasota Big Pass” promotion. Find deals ranging from BOGO (buy-one-get-one) offers to $5 off and 25% off at area hotels, attractions, restaurants, shops and more. View and print deals online or pick up a pass at Visit Sarasota County’s Visitor Information Centers. For the full list of deals, head to SarasotaBigPass.com.
About VISIT FLORIDA
As the Sunshine State’s No. 1 industry, tourism was responsible for welcoming 124.7 million visitors in 2018. Based on the latest economic impact study, Florida visitors contributed $85.9 billion to Florida's economy and supported 1.5 million Florida jobs in 2017. According to the Office of Economic and Demographic Research, for every $1 the state invests in VISIT FLORIDA, the official tourism marketing corporation for the State of Florida, $2.15 in tax revenue is generated. VISIT FLORIDA promotes tourism to Florida through sales, advertising, promotions, public relations and visitor services programs. As a public/private partnership, VISIT FLORIDA serves more than 13,000 tourism industry businesses, including major strategic alliance partnerships with Busch Gardens Tampa, Disney Destinations, The Hertz Corporation, Hilton, LEGOLAND Florida Resort, SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando, Simon Shopping Destinations and Universal Orlando Resort. To learn more about VISIT FLORIDA, please go to VISITFLORIDA.org or follow us on our industry social media channels: Facebook and Twitter @FloridaTourism.