Orlando invites visitors to celebrate Halloween with a lineup of spook-tacular events and experiences at the destination’s theme parks and attractions beyond the parks. Guests can celebrate for more than just one night as the Halloween Vacation Capital® offers a monthslong period of ghoulishly fun festivities for everyone. This year’s haunted happenings include a host of experiences, such as all-new fright-inducing thrills at world-class haunted houses, themed adults-only nighttime entertainment, family-friendly Halloween dining experiences and kid-approved celebrations. Visitors can also scare up some ‘fangtastic’ deals and packages from the destination's attractions and hotels, ranging from 35% off to a stay in a Halloween-themed vacation home.
Additional information on Orlando’s Halloween happenings can be found here.
SPOOKY THEME PARK EVENTS
- Universal Orlando Resort’s Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida (Sept. 2 – Oct. 31) returns for a record-breaking 43 nights featuring 10 new, movie-quality haunted houses featuring everything from cinematic greats to original abominations, including the all-new “The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare,” inspired by the record-breaking “After Hours” album by The Weeknd; five scare zones filled with creatures lunging from the shadows; and two live shows (separate event ticket required).
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World Resort (Select Nights, Aug. 12 – Oct. 31) will make a frightfully fun return at Magic Kingdom Park. The family-friendly, all-ages, event will feature eerie entertainment that includes the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular! at Cinderella Castle, Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular, Disney Junior Jam for young partygoers, Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade, the Trick-or-Treat Trail, Disney Characters in costume, and more than 20 favorite attractions with a Halloween twist. Guests are also invited to wear costumes, with some restrictions (separate event ticket required).
- At SeaWorld Orlando, guests can experience two Halloween-themed events:
- Howl-O-Scream (select nights, Sept. 9 - Oct. 31) returns after its “inaugural fear” to terrorize guests at SeaWorld Orlando. Offering 28 nights of fully immersive fear, the separately ticketed event features all-new, fright-inducing haunted houses and scare zones; thrilling nighttime coaster rides and experiences; an interactive bar; and an electrifying live show (separate event ticket required).
- Little ones can dress up in their favorite costumes to trick-or-treat and meet colorful Halloween characters at the SeaWorld Spooktacular (weekends, Sept. 17 - Oct. 31), a family-friendly daytime event included with theme park admission. Immersive family festivities include Halloween Storytime with Big Bird, themed crafts, Count von Count's Spooktacular Breakfast and more (included with park admission).
- Brick or Treat Presents Monster Party at LEGOLAND Florida Resort (weekends, Sept. 24 – Oct. 30), a signature Halloween event included with theme park admission, will feature tons of candy, an all-new show lineup, never-before-seen exclusive LEGO characters and an all-new cinematic experience to create the ultimate family Halloween celebration (Included with park admission).
SCARES BEYOND THE THEME PARKS
- Screamin' Green Hauntoween at Crayola Experience (Sept. 25 – Oct. 31) celebrates the Halloween season with a chalk-full lineup of spooky happenings included with admission, such as a themed scavenger hunt, spook-tastic crafts, character photo ops, trick-or-treating on the weekends and more. Add-on activities include pumpkin decorating and slime making.
- The Outta Control Spooktacular Magic Dinner Show at WonderWorks Orlando incorporates special storytelling and tricks for a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience along with audience participation throughout the month of October.
- Pirates Dinner Adventure will feature the return of its Halloween-themed dinner show experience, Vampirates (Sept. 20 – Oct. 29). The show, centered around an evil gang of vampire pirates, will provide spooky fun for the entire family and feature post-show trick-or-treating.
Thrilling Experiences and Adults-Only Entertainment
- Scream n' Stream Drive-Thru Halloween Experience, (select nights Oct. 1–31), a haunted Halloween drive-thru event, will return for its third year featuring seven horrifying zones to drive through complete with monsters, music, lighting and special effects.
- Renaissance Theatre Company will present the return of “Nosferatu" (Sept. 23 – Oct. 31) at the Ren in Orlando. The re-vamped adult horror experience, offering an entirely new concept from last year’s event, will feature a menu of signature cocktails and a cast of 22 vampire leads playing out engaging, scary scenarios.
- Teatro Martini, Pirates Dinner Adventure’s adult-only, burlesque-inspired dinner show, will receive a Halloween overlay throughout the season along with limited-edition specialty cocktails, variety of arts including pole dancing, hula hooping, comedy, magic and more.
FANGTASTIC HOTEL DEALS
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa will offer of up to 35% off on stays this fall as part of their "Spook-tacular Savings" promotion. The resort will also offer fun Halloween-themed activities throughout the month, a pumpkin decorating contest, Halloween movies, coloring contests and more.
- Hilton Orlando will offer a “Room With A Boo” package, featuring a $50 daily resort credit to enjoy terror-ific options throughout the resort including dining, spa, and the new Escape Room Experience, free parking and late check-out.
- Encore Resort at Reunion is offering an all-new Halloween vacation experience, “Stay A Spell: Broom & Breakfast,” featuring Halloween-themed vacation homes Sept. 1- Oct. 31. Guests can choose from three spellbinding options including Monster Party, Willow’s Harvest Hollow and Pumkin Palooza, as well as an array of festive activities throughout the season.
- Westgate Leisure Resort will offer guests a limited-time $25 Uber credit when booking eligible rates as part of a special Halloween hotel deal for visitors to experience Orlando’s Fall events.
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is The Official Tourism Association® for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States, Theme Park Capital of the World® and No. 1 meeting destination in the country. A not-for-profit trade association that brands, markets and sells the Orlando destination globally, we represent more than 1,200 member companies comprising every segment of Central Florida’s tourism community.
Visit Orlando connects consumers and business groups with all facets of Orlando’s travel community, whether for a vacation or meeting. Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks — as well as refreshing water parks, activities to connect with nature, vibrant neighborhoods, a dynamic dining scene with Michelin recognized restaurants, and a robust calendar of entertainment and sports events — Orlando is a diverse, welcoming and inclusive community for all travelers. Find more information at VisitOrlando.com or OrlandoMeeting.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE