ORLANDO, Fla. (March 11, 2021) – Let the beads fly and the good times roll as Universal Orlando extends its dynamic celebration of flflavor and entertainment, Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval, through April 11 due to popular demand.
Now, guests have even more time to enjoy this unique global food fest featuring more than 100 new food and beverage items inspired by Carnaval celebrations from around the world. Guests won’t want to miss the chance to get up close with spectacular Mardi Gras floats stationed throughout Universal Studios Florida and take part in this Big Easy bash in the streets featuring energetic dancers, stilt performers, brass band musicians, countless beads and a newly-themed Mardi Gras Tribute Store.
Guests can see what all the excitement is about and continue to savor fan-favorite Cajun fare and classic Carnaval flavors from across the globe, including:
- Cajun cuisine from New Orleans, such as a Crawfish Boil, Jambalaya, Beignets and other Big Easy delight;
- Carnaval-inspired dishes from the islands, such as Pernil & Mofongo from La Isla del Encanto (the Island of Enchantment);
- Puerto Rico, a vegan Pholourie from Trinidad and Tobago and Jerk Chicken from the Bahamas;
- Pork Schnitzel Sliders and Bavarian Pretzels from Germany, iconic Paella Mixta and Leche Frita from Spain and Belgium Liege Waffles from Belgium;
- Plus famous flavors from Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Cuba, Italy and France.
This epic Mardi Gras celebration will roll on across the destination with Carnaval-inspired delights at select venues at Universal CityWalk and the Universal Orlando hotels.
All of the excitement of Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval is included with admission to Universal Studios Florida or with a Seasonal or Annual Pass. Blockout dates apply. For more information about Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval visit, www.UniversalOrlando.com/MardiGras.
Universal Orlando continues to implement its enhanced health and safety procedures and guidelines focused on “screening, spacing and sanitization,” and those practices will be applied to all experiences taking place during Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval. Key measures include screening guests and team members, enforcing social distancing, requiring face coverings, limiting capacity and increasing the already-aggressive cleaning and disinfection procedures. Guests may remove their face coverings while actively eating or drinking, but must be stationary and maintain appropriate social distancing.
Universal Orlando Public Relations