NAPLES, Florida (December 18, 2020) - In light of the unstable situation with COVID-19, The Golisano Children's Museum of Naples (C'mon) has decided to reschedule their annual Night of the Museum (NAM) fundraising event to April 16, 2021. All pre-purchased tickets will be moved to the new date.
C'mon, understand the inconvenience that this decision will inevitably cause everyone involved, from our valued members, executive committees, board members, volunteers, and staff. Like most events of this nature, C'mon starts with advertising and marketing the event, designing and printing collateral, booking acts, and accommodations months in advance. The Golisano Children's Museum of Naples, Board of Directors, and Executive Team decided it would be irresponsible to continue planning without the firm knowledge that the event would occur.
Dena Rae Hancock, C'mon's Executive Director and Chief Advancement Officer, said, "this has been an extremely difficult decision. After monitoring the situation daily for weeks, we feel that it is the most responsible decision given the current information and CDC guidance. We are disappointed, but look forward to April 16, 2021, and enjoying the event with everyone."
Hancock stressed the impact the event has on meeting their funding goals, "The Golisano Children's Museum of Naples (C'mon) is an independent non-profit 501 (c) (3) which serves over 125,000 thousand visitors each year. While the Museum earns about 65 percent of its budget every year, the remaining 35 percent–nearly $1 million, must be raised from generous donors and events such as NAM. I invite the Naples community to learn more about donating to C'mon at cmon.org/donate." said Hancock.
We thank our members and guests for their support and understanding during this unprecedented time. Updated event details will be released as they are finalized.
Please contact Mari Hernandez Rubenstein, Advancement and Events Manager, at 239-2601604 for information regarding the event.
# # #
ABOUT GOLISANO CHILDREN’S MUSEUM - A BRAIN-BUILDING POWERHOUSE
The Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples is a brain-building powerhouse and Southwest Florida’s first museum devoted for children and families to learn through play. With hands-on exhibit galleries, the accessible museum invites visitors of all ages to journey through the swamps of the Everglades, weave through a maze, climb a twostory banyan tree, or experiment with the water play station. Children can become a weather forecaster, a farmer, a chef, a fisherman, an artist, an architect or a veterinarian; explore the cold of an igloo, the whoosh of the wind, the sound of the sea, and the effects of gravity. Throughout the day special activities encourage our guests to get involved, try something new and be energized. C’mon offers a variety of interactive exhibits providing kids with education, play, learning, science, technology, engineering, inventions, space exploration, art, math, storybooks, creation, building, sensory and child development.
Desiree Silva \
Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples
O. 239.260.1715 firstname.lastname@example.org www.cmon.org