What’s Happening this Spring in Florida’s Sweetest Spot, Central Florida’s Polk County
Spring Bloom at Bok Tower Gardens and the wonderful scent of orange blossoms in the air signal the arrival of Spring in Central Florida. Our beautiful weather and warm Florida sunshine are very inviting and Central Florida’s Polk County offers many unique attractions and events for our visitors to enjoy. Highlights are listed below but check out the tourism and sports event calendars for the most up-to-date information on all there is to see and do here in Florida’s Sweetest Spot.
- Detroit Tigers Spring Training: Just a few games left… until March 26. The 2023 spring season is the Detroit Tigers’ 58th consecutive season of playing at Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium, alias: Tigertown.
- SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo: Mar. 28 - Apr. 2. This massive aviation event, known as Spring Break for Pilots, will feature the U.S. Navy Blue Angels. SUN ’n FUN is the second largest event of its kind in the world – and attracts more than 200,000 pilots and aviation enthusiasts to Central Florida from around the globe annually
- Easter Sunrise Service at Bok Tower Gardens: Apr. 9. Attendees for the 97th Annual Easter Sunrise Service are admitted free between 6:00 and 8:00 a.m.
- Mayfaire by-the-Lake Art Festival: May 13 - 14. This fine art festival started as a small craft show in 1971 and has grown into one of the most prestigious juried outdoor festivals in Florida. The free, two-day event takes place each year on Mother’s Day weekend.
- Saturday Night Rodeos at Westgate River Ranch Resort are a long-standing tradition for many families visiting Central Florida. This award-winning rodeo features trick riding, bull riding, calf roping, barrel racing and rodeo clown antics.
- Free Water Ski Shows on the 3rd Saturday of every month, performed on Lake Silver in Winter Haven by the world-renowned Cypress Gardens Water Ski Team. The next show is Sat., Apr. 15, 2023.
- Safari Wilderness Ranch in Lakeland has plans to introduce an exclusive two-toed Sloth Encounter in April 2023, limited to just four patrons per day. The experience is not yet posted on their website, so details to come.
In case you missed it:
- LEGOLAND® Florida Resort opened their newest attraction, Pirate River Quest, on Jan. 12, 2023. Guests sail with a rowdy crew of LEGO® pirates on Captain’s orders to explore the murky waters and retrieve the lost treasure, stolen by a troop of mischievous monkeys. Journey through the uncharted waters of the legendary Cypress Gardens and discover the secrets protecting its canals, as this all-new story unfolds brick by brick into a family-friendly treasure hunt.
Discounts and Deals:
- Adventure On Tap: Central Florida Craft Beer Pass visit the featured craft breweries around Polk County and check-in on the pass to redeem special offers and qualify for prizes. Check-in at all the locations to be entered to win a quarterly drawing for a $100 gas card.
- Polk Savings Pass exclusive discounts and special offers for local restaurants, shops, accommodations and more.
For more information on all that is happening in Florida’s Sweetest Spot, go to VisitCentralFlorida.org and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube. Please contact Kelly Rote at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information, photos, or further assistance. A broad selection of photography can be downloaded directly from our image library on imagerelay.com.
About Visit Central Florida:
Visit Central Florida (known locally as Polk County Tourism and Sports Marketing) is the official destination marketing organization for Polk County, Florida, and specializes in helping visitors plan a fun-filled Central Florida vacation. Polk County is Florida’s Sweetest Spot… ideally situated between Orlando and Tampa, the Gulf and Atlantic beaches and close to all of Florida’s major attractions. www.VisitCentralFlorida.org