These Opal Collection luxury hotels and resorts make a magical setting for any love story
Those looking for a last-minute couple’s retreat will revel in the romantic appeal of Opal Collection’s luxury hotels and resorts, located throughout Florida’s most treasured coastal destinations. Whether planning a proposal, babymoon, anniversary or Valentine’s Day getaway, these three Opal Collection properties top the the list of romantic retreats.
A GILDED-ERA ESCAPE ON THE GULF
What could be more romantic than descending a grand staircase hand-in-hand? Or rocking away a warm evening on a sweeping veranda bathed in sunset? Or slinking away to a wood-paneled den-like space for a glass of wine and an intimate conversation beside the fire? Couples relish these exact scenes at the 35-room Belleview Inn, a romantic and intimate 1897 Queen Ann-style Victorian inn just minutes from Clearwater, Florida.
- Most Romantic Room: Named after the 1908 steam yacht built for Morton Plant (the son of Henry Plant, who built the original hotel), the fourth-floor King Iolanda Suite is home to a parlor adorned in Victorian-era appointments and a claw-foot tub that feels like it could have been plucked from the original hotel.
- For Couples Quality Time: Couples love the complimentary breakfast baskets – brimming with flaky, fresh-baked croissants, fresh juice, and locally roasted coffee – that appear outside their guestroom door each morning. But what they love even more is the ability to turn that into a breakfast picnic at various spaces on property.
- Sweeten Your Stay: Various touches pay tribute to the hotel’s previous Gilded Age glamour – if guests know where to look. Luckily, there’s an audio guide narrated by the hotel’s historian, Joey Vars, (as well as QR codes posted around the property) to give couple’s insight as they wander together taking in such grand wonders as the Tiffany Room, the column-lacking lobby, and the original grand staircase that has been climbed by the likes of the Studebakers, the Fords, the DuPonts, and the Vanderbilts.
YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND ESCAPE OFF THE KEYS
Those looking for more intimacy should check out Sunset Key Cottages, a 27-acre private island resort just 500 yards from the western edge of lively Key West, Florida. Truly relax on the private sugar-white sand studded with lounge chairs and tiki umbrellas. Take joy in the impeccably appointed stand-alone cottages with authentic Victorian-style tin roofs. Indulge in outdoor dining experience at Latitudes, where coastal-inspired culinary creations are served right on the sand, surrounded by tiki torches and a breathtaking backdrop of the Gulf. What’s more, these are the kind of romantic touches that greet couples around every corner.
- Most Romantic Room: At 2,500 square feet in size, the Four-Bedroom Oceanfront Cottages might offer more room than a couple needs. But they come with a few details that the other cottages don’t: A own private walk-out porch, plunge pool, and swath of beach for super special – and secluded – moments together.
- For Couples Quality Time: Available October through March in the mornings (weather permitting), the Opal Spa at Sunset Key Cottages offers a private beach-based treatment, where guests are whisked down to a sequestered tiki hut set with plush treatment beds for a massage set to the soundtrack of rolling surf.
- Sweeten Your Stay: Book a fishing charter through the resort’s concierge that picks guests up at the property’s dock and spend the day playfully competing for the best trophy fish. And once there’s a winner, Latitudes will get creative in the kitchen and cook it up for a romantic dinner.
AN INTIMATE ALL-SUITE RETREAT ON THE GULF
Love the Gulf, but don’t love the crowds and chaos so often found at larger Florida beach resorts? Edgewater Beach Hotel – located in the swanky community of Naples, Florida – couldn’t be further from that. In fact, with just over 100 rooms, guests get the intimacy of a boutique inn, but all the benefits of a world-class beachfront resort. Think champagne upon arrival; a professionally managed white-sand beach with beach chairs, luxury beach beds, cabanas, umbrellas, kayaks, and paddleboards to help craft the perfect day; and an on-site restaurant that takes guests on a culinary journey around the world with a globally inspired menu.
- Most Romantic Room: All accommodations are full suites, meaning, no matter what room is booked, guests will have space to spread out – thanks to kitchens and living rooms – no matter what. Still, if looking to splurge, the resort’s Penthouse suite boasts a prime beachfront location with a deep soaking tub, private balcony, and a stairwell that leads right down to the beach.
- For Couples Quality Time: The hotel’s Dining on the Sand is a special dining package couples can book, where the resort’s blocks off a parcel of sand on the northern end of the beach for a private sunset dinner on a linen-lined table for two.
- Sweeten Your Stay: Get chauffeured to the local sights of Fifth Avenue South, Tin City, and Cambier Park via the resort’s GEM, a lightweight electric vehicle.
For more information or to book a reservation, visit OpalCollection.com.
About Opal Collection
Opal Collection is a premier assortment of luxury hotels and resorts, located in the most treasured destinations on the East Coast. Spanning north from Bar Harbor, Maine, to the southernmost tip of Key West, Florida, this collection of properties offers curated, memorable getaways for every traveler. Like the effervescent shimmer of an Opal gemstone, each destination in the collection radiates with its own unique experiences and each property reflects a distinct connection to that destination through locally inspired design, cuisine, and activities. For more information and a full list of Opal Collection properties, go to Opal Collection Hotels & Resorts | Luxury Hotels & Resorts.
Hayworth Public Relations
(386) 677-7000 x1