ORLANDO, Florida (Friday, May 29, 2020) – Beginning June 2, 2020, select Universal Orlando Resort hotels will reopen to guests. The reopening of the hotels will be carefully managed and phased, and includes a wide range of new and enhanced best-practice health, safety and hygiene procedures.
The phased reopening of the hotels will include Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Universal’s Aventura Hotel and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites. Guests staying in these hotels will be able to visit the theme parks on June 3 and 4, prior to the public reopening on June 5.
Plans for Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites will be announced at a later time. Guests who have booked reservations at these two hotels through Universal Orlando or Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations will be contacted to modify their reservation if it has been affected.
Universal Orlando’s resort hotels, co-owned and operated by Loews Hotels & Co, have enhanced their standards and protocols throughout their operations. These enhancements currently include:
- Guests, team members and vendors are required to wear face coverings in public areas
- Team members and vendors will be required to have temperature checks upon arrival. Those with temperatures of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be allowed to work.
- Guests will be asked to self-screen for COVID symptoms and comply with quarantine orders prior to arrival
- Guest will have temperature checks upon arrival and anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will require medical clearance in order to enter the hotel
- Hand sanitizer stations in public areas and elevator landings
- Enhanced cleaning of guest rooms, meeting rooms and public areas with an EPA-approved cleaner and disinfectant
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch areas such as telephones, remote controls, door handles, light switches, elevators, and table tops, among others
- Food & Beverage outlet capacities limited based on latest recommendations and guidelines
- Social distancing signs and reminders of social distancing requirements in high-traffic areas
- Several contactless experiences for guests, including hotel texting-services, express checkout and contactless room deliveries
To book a stay at a Universal Orlando hotel, please visit: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/places-to-stay/hotels/at-a-glance/hotels-overview
Universal CityWalk is now open with select venues and with new health, safety and hygiene procedures in place. Universal Orlando’s three theme parks – Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay – will reopen to the public beginning June 5.
For information on CDC guidelines, click here. For more information about Universal Orlando’s policies during this time, visit Universal’s website. Due to the evolving nature of this situation, details are subject to change without notice.
All Universal guests are urged to follow CDC guidelines and self-assess for potential symptoms of COVID, including cough, temperature, and difficulty breathing, prior to their arrival. Guests should also evaluate their own risk before they visit – and it is not recommended that individuals at high-risk with serious underlying medical conditions visit the destination. People who show no symptoms can still spread COVID-19 if they are infected. Any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and Universal cannot guarantee guests will not be exposed during their visit.
In addition, guests should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines.
About Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Orlando Resort is a unique vacation destination that is part of the NBCUniversal Comcast family. For nearly 30 years, Universal Orlando has been creating epic vacations for the entire family that place guests in the heart of powerful stories and adventures brought to life in some of the world’s most exciting and innovative theme park experiences, including The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley and so much more.
Universal Orlando is home to three epic theme parks, including Universal’s Islands of Adventure – named the #1 Amusement Park in the World for five years in a row by TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice – Universal Studios Florida, and Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park, a tropical oasis like no other. Universal Orlando’s hotels are destinations unto themselves and include Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, the Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Universal’s Aventura Hotel and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites. And Universal’s entertainment complex, Universal CityWalk, offers immersive dining and entertainment for every member of the family.
Follow us on our blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Universal Orlando Public Relations
Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando