WHAT ZOO MIAMI IS DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
Zoo Miami is happy to announce that we are re-opening on June 1st with a Limited daily capacity.
- All Zoo Miami team members and volunteers will be required to wear face coverings while working. Employees working with guests will have their temperature checked daily before their work shift.
- Minimum of 6 foot spacing in lines (Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 20-20).
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the zoo (Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 23-20).
- We will maintain our high standards of cleanliness and are adding additional measures such as cleaning high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
- Safari cycles, strollers, wheelchairs, and motorized scooters will be sanitized after every use.
- Guests ages 2 and older are required to wear a CDC recommended face-covering to enter Zoo Miami (Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 20-20 and 23-20).
- Masks will be available onsite for purchase at various price points, while supplies last.
- One-way pathways where social distancing cannot be easily practiced have been created at the following locations (Miami-Dade County’s Moving To A New Normal Handbook, page 21, section IIIa.):
- Amazon and Beyond
- Critter Connection
- Florida: Mission Everglades
- Wings of Asia
- Rent safari cycles, strollers, wheelchairs, and motorized scooters online at shop.zoomiami.org. Limited quantities will be available.
- Indoor buildings (including the gift shop) will be open at 50% capacity. Guests ages 2 and older are required to wear a face-covering to enter any indoor building (Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 20-20 and 23-20).
- The following experiences are currently closed:
- Animal feedings (camel, giraffe, parrot, and rhino)
- Rides (carousel, Lostman’s River Boat Rides, paddle boats)
- Transporation (monorail and tram tour)
- Wacky Barn
- Waterplay areas
- Zookeeper talks and presentations
- No outside food is permitted inside the zoo. Reusable water bottles are encouraged and guests can refill them throughout the zoo.
- Food concession stands will be open. Seating areas at these locations placed at a minimum of 6 feet apart to allow for social distancing.
- Parking is free.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact the Sales and Events office at the contact information below:
Henry Ocon, Sales and Events Supervisor
Miami, FL 33177 USA
Phone: 305-251-0400, ext. 5084951